Whether you are interested in becoming a Foster for one of our dogs or are wanting to adopt a specific dog listed on our Available Dogs page, we will need some important information from you before we begin.
Please take a moment to go over the information listed below to see if this is a good fit for you and we’d be delighted to receive an application form from you!
To be considered as a foster home for our organization you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- If you rent your home you must have consent from your landlord to have a dog
- Have all dogs and cats in the home spayed/neutered, if they are six months or older, unless there are medical reasons for not doing so
- Have all dogs in the home up to date on vaccinations
- Agree to have a home visit done by one of our volunteers.
Our trusted volunteer will need to meet everyone who lives in the home as well as any resident pets, as well as see all area’s of the home that the dog will have access to. This part of the process isn’t an interrogation but is to get as much of an understanding as to which dog will be most successful in your home and lifestyle.
Our Dogs Come With:
- Food and dishes
- Leash and collar
- Up to date on shots including rabies
Becoming a Foster Home:
Without our amazing fosters opening their homes and hearts to our dogs, we would not be able to keep saving dogs that need our help.
Fostering is all the fun of owning a dog without any of the commitment. We provide each foster home with everything that the dog needs, as well as cover their medical expenses. All you do is provide the home and the love.
During the foster period we ask that a dogs foster home be open to meeting potential approved families who are interested in providing a forever home for the dog they are fostering, as well as take their foster dog to any appointments they may require. This is all based around the availability of the foster of course.
To become a foster home, you must meet the same criteria as a home wanting to foster to adopt and begin the process by filling out and application and having a homecheck.
Interested in Fostering to Adopt with us:
- Puppies age <1 year old: $500
- Dogs age 1-5 years old: $400
- Seniors 6+ years old: $250